PM to hold all-party meet on Maoists
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will hold an all-party meet on Monday to fine tune the government`s strategy to deal with Maoists, Official Sources said on Sunday.
The meeting comes in the wake of last month`s attack by Maoists on a Congress convoy in Chhattisgarh which wiped out the party`s leadership in the Bharatiya Janata Party-ruled state.
Addressing the Chief Ministers` meet on internal security on Friday, the Prime Minister had said the government`s two-pronged anti-Maoist strategy of sustained operations and addressing development issues needed to be strengthened.
After a meeting of the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) coordination committee June 5, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath had said the Chhattisgarh incident was "an attack on the democratic system" and that there was a need to "engage all parties".
The May 25 Maoist attack killed 28 people including former Congress State Unit Chief Nand Kumar Patel, his son Dinesh, Party Leader Mahendra Karma and Former Legislator Uday Mudliyar.
The injured included former Union Minister Vidya Charan Shukla. The National Investigation Agency is probing the massacre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested