Politicos react sharply to possibility of RSS leader Ram Madhav joining BJP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Reports claiming Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) spokesperson Ram Madhav`s likely entry in Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday, drew sharp reaction from various political parties who said that BJP is a political wing of Sangh.
Shakeel Ahmad, a senior Congress party leader said, “BJP is the political wing of RSS. RSS just wants power without the responsibility.”
Further criticising the intentions of RSS, Janata Dal (United) leader Ali Anwar said, “This just proves that RSS indulges in politics & that they have hijacked the BJP,” ANI reported.
According to sources, RSS leader Ram Madhav has been deputed by the Sangh to work in BJP where he is expected to be given a role by the new party president.
Madhav is likely to be one of the new BJP general secretaries in the party-set up proposed to be reorganized after government formation as several party leaders have joined the ministerial council of PM Modi, as per reports.
Meanwhile, Party general secretary Amit Shah is said to be leading the race for the post of BJP President.
The party seeks to revamp itself ahead of Assembly Elections due in states like Maharashtra, Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir and Jharkhand later this year and early next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family