Politicos react sharply to possibility of RSS leader Ram Madhav joining BJP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Reports claiming Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) spokesperson Ram Madhav`s likely entry in Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday, drew sharp reaction from various political parties who said that BJP is a political wing of Sangh.
Shakeel Ahmad, a senior Congress party leader said, “BJP is the political wing of RSS. RSS just wants power without the responsibility.”
Further criticising the intentions of RSS, Janata Dal (United) leader Ali Anwar said, “This just proves that RSS indulges in politics & that they have hijacked the BJP,” ANI reported.
According to sources, RSS leader Ram Madhav has been deputed by the Sangh to work in BJP where he is expected to be given a role by the new party president.
Madhav is likely to be one of the new BJP general secretaries in the party-set up proposed to be reorganized after government formation as several party leaders have joined the ministerial council of PM Modi, as per reports.
Meanwhile, Party general secretary Amit Shah is said to be leading the race for the post of BJP President.
The party seeks to revamp itself ahead of Assembly Elections due in states like Maharashtra, Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir and Jharkhand later this year and early next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days