Post 26/11, a chronicle of India-Pakistan meetings
New Delhi: A chronology of key meetings between Indian and Pakistani leaders after the November 26, 2008 Mumbai terror carnage that caused a nearly two-year long deep freeze in the ties between the two nuclear-armed neighbours.
February 26, 2009 - Foreign secretaries of India and Pakistan Nirupama Rao and Salman Bashir meet on the sidelines of the SAARC ministerial meeting in Colombo.
June 16, 2009 - Prime Minister Manmohan Singh meets Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit in the Russian city of Yekaterinburg.
June 26, 2009 - Meeting between External Affairs Minister SM Krishna and his Pakistan counterpart Shah Mehmood Qureshi on the sidelines of the G8 outreach meeting in Trieste, Italy.
July 16, 2009 - Manmmohan Singh meets Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani in the Egyptian resort town of Sharm el Sheikh -- the meeting that led to a controversial joint declaration delinking the composite dialogue process from Pakistan`s action against terror and including a reference to Balochistan.
September 27, 2009- Foreign secretaries Rao and Bashir meet on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly (UNGA) in New York.
April 29, 2010 - The two Prime Ministers -- Manmmohan Singh and Gilani -- meet on the sidelines of a South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) summit in the Bhutanese capital of Thimphu.
July 16, 2010 - Krishna and Qureshi meet in Islamabad. But the talks ended in bitterness over Pakistan raking up the Kashmir issue and India insisting that Pakistan give a time frame for completing trial of the Mumbai attack.
February 6, 2011 - Foreign secretaries Rao and Bashir met on the sidelines of a SAARC conference in Thimpu.
March 27, 2011 - Manmohan Singh and Gilani meet on the sidelines of a cricket world cup semi-final match between India and Pakistan in the Punjab city of Mohali.
July 26, 2011- Pakistan`s first woman foreign minister Hina Rabbani Khar visits India and holds talks with her Indian counterpart SM Krishna in Delhi.
November 10, 2011 - Manmohan Singh meets Gilani in the Addu atoll of Maldives, the venue of a SAARC summit. They jointly declare to open a new chapter in the history of India-Pakistan relations.
February 13, 2012: India`s Commerce Minister Anand Sharma visits Pakistan on a three-day trip, first by an Indian trade minister in three decades.
March 27, 2012: The two Prime Ministers meet on the sidelines of the Nuclear Security Summit in an unscheduled informal meeting in the South Korean capital Seoul.
April 8, 2012 - Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari comes to India on a day-long private visit to offer prayers at the Ajmer dargah and hold talks with Manmohan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested