Pranab should be PM, not President: Sangma
New Delhi: Emboldened by Amma J Jayalalithaa’s blessings, former Lok Sabha speaker P A Sangma reasserted his candidature in the race to Raisina Hill on Monday.
More interestingly, Sangma feels that Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee is overqualified for the President’s job.
Speaking to a news channel, Sangma said, “Pranab is too much a capable person to be wasted in Rashtrapati Bhavan.
“Pranab babu will be suitable for prime minister’s job, his expertise, his experience would be wasted (as President),” the Meghalaya tribal leader said, adding, “He is of stature…a computer.”
Sangma, who has also served as the chief minister of Meghalaya, also pointed out that tribals have been neglected and its time they get due representation.
However, understanding that his elevation to the Rashtrapati Bhavan would be not an easy affair, Sangma has also sought an appointment with West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee – presumably to seek her support for his Rashtrapati Bhavan bid.
Meanwhile, the BJP is holding a meeting in Delhi to mull over J Jayalalithaa’s proposal to anoint Sangma as the next President of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days