Pravasi Bhartiya Divas in Jaipur from today
Jaipur: The 10th Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas, a convention for NRIs, is all set to begin here from Saturday with over 1,300 delegates expected to attend the three-day meet.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is scheduled to deliver the inaugural speech on January 8 and President Pratibha Patil will deliver valedictory address and confer the Pravasi Bhartiya Samman awards on January 9.
Indian-origin Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago, Kamla Persad Bissessar will be the chief guest of the event, which has a theme of `Global Indian - inclusive growth`.
The annual event for overseas Indians, which is being held in Jaipur for the first time, will start with seminars on `Management of water for future`, `Solar Energy-Investment and R&D`, `Enhancing rural energy access` and `Health` at Birla auditorium.
A youth interactive session will also be held at Maharana Pratap auditorium.
The first plenary session on January 8 will discuss the country`s economic growth and how overseas Indians can synergies their competencies with India`s growth for optimal gains, according to an official.
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee will deliver keynote address in the session.
The second plenary session will be a business session `Partnering for Prosperity` with a focus on education, healthcare, rural development and gender issues.
`Global Indian: state initiatives and opportunities` will be the session of Chief Ministers.
Last year, the event was held in New Delhi. The theme of the event was `Engaging the Global Indian` and 1,500 delegates from 51 countries had participated in the convention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Why locals in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir are protesting against Nawaz Sharif's PML(N), ISI – Watch video
- Akshay Kumar to start Divya Khosla's next in September
- Woman killed for dowry in Etah; husband, five others booked
- Three charred to death as bus catches fire in Karnataka
- US avoiding 'confrontation' in sea row: John Kerry