Pravasi Bhartiya Divas in Jaipur from today
Jaipur: The 10th Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas, a convention for NRIs, is all set to begin here from Saturday with over 1,300 delegates expected to attend the three-day meet.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is scheduled to deliver the inaugural speech on January 8 and President Pratibha Patil will deliver valedictory address and confer the Pravasi Bhartiya Samman awards on January 9.
Indian-origin Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago, Kamla Persad Bissessar will be the chief guest of the event, which has a theme of `Global Indian - inclusive growth`.
The annual event for overseas Indians, which is being held in Jaipur for the first time, will start with seminars on `Management of water for future`, `Solar Energy-Investment and R&D`, `Enhancing rural energy access` and `Health` at Birla auditorium.
A youth interactive session will also be held at Maharana Pratap auditorium.
The first plenary session on January 8 will discuss the country`s economic growth and how overseas Indians can synergies their competencies with India`s growth for optimal gains, according to an official.
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee will deliver keynote address in the session.
The second plenary session will be a business session `Partnering for Prosperity` with a focus on education, healthcare, rural development and gender issues.
`Global Indian: state initiatives and opportunities` will be the session of Chief Ministers.
Last year, the event was held in New Delhi. The theme of the event was `Engaging the Global Indian` and 1,500 delegates from 51 countries had participated in the convention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM