Prepare for more violence in Kashmir: Hafiz Saeed to India
Islamabad: As tensions continue to simmer between India and Pakistan over the killings of two Indian soldiers along the Line of Control (LoC), Lashkar-e-Toiba founder Hafiz Saeed on Friday warned New Delhi of an escalation in violence in Jammu and Kashmir.
Saeed, who is accused of masterminding 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, in an interview to news agency Reuters said, “We do not want any force to be used or any military operation for this. But the Indians are opting for the other alternative.”
Saeed also accused India of destabilising Pakistan.
LeT founder also "challenged" the Indian government to prove that he was present near the Line of Control a few days ago.
A day after Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said that Saeed had visited Pakistan-administered Kashmir a few days before two Indian soldiers were killed by Pakistani troops in Jammu and Kashmir, the Jamat-ud-Dawah chief said in a tweet: "I CHALLENGE the Indian Government, its ministers & agencies to prove my presence near LOC or remain exposed as Liars in front of the world."
The Lashkar-e-Toiba founder termed it a "blatant lie" that he had visited Pakistan-administered Kashmir and said he was prepared to "accept every Indian allegation if they prove my alleged visit at the #LOC".
Saeed also demanded that a UN probe be held into the ceasefire violations on the LoC as well as into "the injustice, rapes, mass-graves and abductions in Occupied #Kashmir".
The JuD chief alleged the exchange of fire between Indian and Pakistani forces was due to India "trying to shift focus from its internal problems of #Rape, #Communal Riots and exploiting the sentiments against #Pakistan #LOC".
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Thursday had said Saeed had visited the border areas in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) a few days before the attack on Indian jawans by Pakistani troops.
In the past too, New Delhi has repeatedly expressed its unhappiness to Islamabad over no action against the LeT chief for his alleged role in 26/11 attacks.
In a major escalation to the ceasefire violations and infiltration attempts, a group of Pakistan Army soldiers raided across the LoC in Mendhar sector and killed two Indian soldiers and injured one more. The Pakistani troops attacked an area domination patrol party of the Indian Army.
Lance Naik Hemraj and Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh were the two Indian soldiers killed brutally by the Pakistani troops.
Pakistan has alleged that Indian troops killed a Pakistani soldier in firing Thursday and lodged a protest with the Indian envoy in Islamabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27