Preparing to clarify points raised by India: AgustaWestland
New Delhi: Facing threat of cancellation of its deal to supply 12 AW-101 choppers to India, AgustaWestland on Saturday said it was preparing to clarify the points raised by the Indian government in this regard.
The Defence Ministry had yesterday issued a show-cause notice to AgustWestland of the UK asking why the contract should not be scrapped in view of the recent corruption allegations in the case.
"AgustaWestland clarifies that Indian authorities have not cancelled the contract but have requested some clarifications within seven days. AgustaWestland is preparing its answer to timely meet the Indian authorities` request," the firm said in a release.
India had yesterday stated that the show-cause notice was initiation of process to cancel the Rs 3,600 crore deal with India in which allegedly kickbacks of Rs 362 crore were paid to swing the deal in favour of AgustaWestland.
Talking about the investigations into the case in Italy, the firm said, "AgustaWestland is confident that the full compliance with the law of its conduct and the conduct of its past and present senior executives and managers will be demonstrated soon.”
"For 2011, AgustaWestland is a company with approximately EUR four billion annual revenues and with an order book of approximately EUR 12 billion including future deliveries of more than 600 helicopters and 300 helicopter kits.”
It said the "success is based on the expertise, skills and dedication of company’s workforce as well as on the breadth of its research capability, manufacturing base, supply chain and, of course, the quality of its products".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals