President condemns Hyderabad blast
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Thursday strongly condemned the twin blasts in Hyderabad and said these were "acts of cowardice" to disrupt peace and harmony in the country.
Expressing his condolences to families of the bereaved, he called for zero-tolerance against such acts and asked people to maintain calm in wake of such incidents.
The President also appealed people to remain alert against such deliberate attempts aimed at disrupting peace and harmony in the country.
11 people were killed and 50 injured tonight when two powerful near simultaneous blasts ripped through a crowded area close to a cluster of bus stands in Dilsukhnagar area in Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM? Twitteratis had a blast
- VVIP chopper deal: After CBI, SP Tyagi to be questioned by Enforcement Directorate
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016, NBSE 12th Class Result 2016 announced; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- WATCH: Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir kicks a chair to celebrate team's win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Biggest tech merger in history to be called Dell Technologies