President condemns Hyderabad blast
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Thursday strongly condemned the twin blasts in Hyderabad and said these were "acts of cowardice" to disrupt peace and harmony in the country.
Expressing his condolences to families of the bereaved, he called for zero-tolerance against such acts and asked people to maintain calm in wake of such incidents.
The President also appealed people to remain alert against such deliberate attempts aimed at disrupting peace and harmony in the country.
11 people were killed and 50 injured tonight when two powerful near simultaneous blasts ripped through a crowded area close to a cluster of bus stands in Dilsukhnagar area in Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players