President condemns Hyderabad blast
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Thursday strongly condemned the twin blasts in Hyderabad and said these were "acts of cowardice" to disrupt peace and harmony in the country.
Expressing his condolences to families of the bereaved, he called for zero-tolerance against such acts and asked people to maintain calm in wake of such incidents.
The President also appealed people to remain alert against such deliberate attempts aimed at disrupting peace and harmony in the country.
11 people were killed and 50 injured tonight when two powerful near simultaneous blasts ripped through a crowded area close to a cluster of bus stands in Dilsukhnagar area in Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt