President greets nation on Lohri, Makar Sakranti
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday greeted the people on Lohri, Makar Sakranti and Pongal, wishing that the festivals which celebrate the hard work of farmers herald growth and progress in the country.
"On the auspicious occasion of Lohri, Makar Sakranti and Pongal, I extend my warm greetings and good wishes to all fellow citizens and wish them every happiness and prosperity," President said.
Lohri and Makar Sakranti fall on January 13 and Pongal, on January 14.
"May these festivals which celebrate fresh harvest, the hard work of our farmers and the bounty of nature bring the promise of further growth and progress for our nation," he said in his message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees