President greets nation on Lohri, Makar Sakranti
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday greeted the people on Lohri, Makar Sakranti and Pongal, wishing that the festivals which celebrate the hard work of farmers herald growth and progress in the country.
"On the auspicious occasion of Lohri, Makar Sakranti and Pongal, I extend my warm greetings and good wishes to all fellow citizens and wish them every happiness and prosperity," President said.
Lohri and Makar Sakranti fall on January 13 and Pongal, on January 14.
"May these festivals which celebrate fresh harvest, the hard work of our farmers and the bounty of nature bring the promise of further growth and progress for our nation," he said in his message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!