President greets nation on Lohri, Makar Sakranti
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday greeted the people on Lohri, Makar Sakranti and Pongal, wishing that the festivals which celebrate the hard work of farmers herald growth and progress in the country.
"On the auspicious occasion of Lohri, Makar Sakranti and Pongal, I extend my warm greetings and good wishes to all fellow citizens and wish them every happiness and prosperity," President said.
Lohri and Makar Sakranti fall on January 13 and Pongal, on January 14.
"May these festivals which celebrate fresh harvest, the hard work of our farmers and the bounty of nature bring the promise of further growth and progress for our nation," he said in his message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP
- Harshvardhan is more hardworking than me which is very surprising, says Anil Kapoor
- Three-year-old boy, rescued from a borewell in Gwalior, declared dead by doctors