President greets nation on Lohri, Makar Sakranti
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday greeted the people on Lohri, Makar Sakranti and Pongal, wishing that the festivals which celebrate the hard work of farmers herald growth and progress in the country.
"On the auspicious occasion of Lohri, Makar Sakranti and Pongal, I extend my warm greetings and good wishes to all fellow citizens and wish them every happiness and prosperity," President said.
Lohri and Makar Sakranti fall on January 13 and Pongal, on January 14.
"May these festivals which celebrate fresh harvest, the hard work of our farmers and the bounty of nature bring the promise of further growth and progress for our nation," he said in his message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say