Prez likely to be chief guest at CISF Raising Day
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee is likely to attend the 44th CISF Raising Day ceremony next month as the chief guest.
The March 10 event in neighbouring Ghaziabad will feature a ceremonial parade.
Sources said a formal confirmation in this regard will be made by the Rashtrapati Bhavan soon following an invitation sent to him by the paramilitary force.
Raised in 1969, the Central Industrial Security Force guards vital government, private, aerospace and nuclear energy installations of the country.
The about 1.7 lakh-strong force is the designated force to protect civilian airports and also deployed for a variety of other internal security duties in the country including Naxal-affected areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you