Prez likely to be chief guest at CISF Raising Day
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee is likely to attend the 44th CISF Raising Day ceremony next month as the chief guest.
The March 10 event in neighbouring Ghaziabad will feature a ceremonial parade.
Sources said a formal confirmation in this regard will be made by the Rashtrapati Bhavan soon following an invitation sent to him by the paramilitary force.
Raised in 1969, the Central Industrial Security Force guards vital government, private, aerospace and nuclear energy installations of the country.
The about 1.7 lakh-strong force is the designated force to protect civilian airports and also deployed for a variety of other internal security duties in the country including Naxal-affected areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere