Prez likely to be chief guest at CISF Raising Day
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee is likely to attend the 44th CISF Raising Day ceremony next month as the chief guest.
The March 10 event in neighbouring Ghaziabad will feature a ceremonial parade.
Sources said a formal confirmation in this regard will be made by the Rashtrapati Bhavan soon following an invitation sent to him by the paramilitary force.
Raised in 1969, the Central Industrial Security Force guards vital government, private, aerospace and nuclear energy installations of the country.
The about 1.7 lakh-strong force is the designated force to protect civilian airports and also deployed for a variety of other internal security duties in the country including Naxal-affected areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city