Pune blasts: Key IM suspect arrested
New Delhi: In a significant development, a suspected terrorist belonging to the terror outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM), believed to be involved in the Pune serial blasts, was arrested by the Special Cell of Delhi Police in Hyderabad on Friday morning.
According to reports, the IM operative who has been identified as Maqbool was picked up following an intelligence tip-off about his movement.
Maqbool is accused of making the Improvised Explosive Device that was used in the blast on August 1. The IM terrorist is currently being deported to Delhi for further interrogation by the Special Cell of Delhi Police.
This is the fifth arrest in connection with the August 1 Pune serial blasts.
On August 17, another suspected IM terrorist Langde Irfan was arrested in Jaipur by the Delhi Police.
Irfan was apprehended from Jaipur`s Sindhi bus stand on October 10 by a team of Delhi Police`s Special Cell.
Police is still on the lookout for one Raju Bhai, who allegedly arranged hideouts for three of the arrested persons, and another unidentified person.
Delhi Police had earlier arrested three suspected IM operatives - Asad Khan (33), who is a recruiter, motivator and ideologue of the IM, and Imran Khan (31) were arrested on September 26 from their hideout in Pul Prehladpur in south Delhi while Syed Firoze (38) was nabbed from Nizamuddin Railway station five days later.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi