Rafale deal not to be inked during visit of French Prez
New Delhi: The contract between India and France on sale of Rafale fighter aircraft will not be signed during the visit of French President Francois Hollande this week.
"There would be no signing of contract for supply of Rafale multi-role fighter aircraft during French President Francois Hollande`s visit to India," French Ambassador Fracois Richier said at a panel discussion on India-France relations here on Monday.
He also said that India`s demand for technology transfer for the fighter aircraft has been accepted and depending upon the contract, it would be signed soon.
Hollande is scheduled to come to India on a two-day visit from February 14.
Dassault Aviation`s Rafale aircraft was shortlisted by India early last year as it choice for procuring 126 Medium-Multirole Combat Aircraft. The French fighter had edged out five other aircraft including American F-16 and F-18 to bag the USD 10 billion contract.
The French Ambassador also assured India that the European Pressurised Reactor (EPR) to be installed at Jaitapur nuclear power project in Maharashtra is safe.
He said the reactor has been designed keeping in view all safety precautions and it is "visibly" doing well.
"The EPR is the next generation reactors we have deployed in France. We have shared all previous accident reports with our department of atomic energy and so that there is full safety of the reactors. We are using it in France and it is visibly doing well," he said.
On the issue of Nuclear Liability Bill, he said that "we have always been keen not to intervene in the internal proceedings of India".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report