Rahul Gandhi dubs Ved Prakash Vaidik an RSS man
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday dubbed Ramdev aide Ved Prakash Vaidik an RSS man, amid the row over the latter`s meeting with Pakistani terror mastermind Hafiz Saeed in the capacity of “a journalist”.
“The man is an RSS man, that is a known fact,” Rahul Gandhi told journalists this morning.
“We are curious to know if the Indian embassy (in Pakistan) facilitated this meeting,” he added.
Vaidik has defended his meeting, saying he met Saeed in his personal capacity as a journalist and not a s a government representative.
Apart from meeting Saeed, Vaidik has made another controversial statement saying that there is no harm if Kashmir is made an independent nation.
Speaking to a Pakistan-based news channel, Vaidik said that both India and Pakistan should stop fighting over Kashmir and make it an independent nation.
Reacting to the latest remarks, BJD leader Jay Panda said, “If such a statement has been made, I don`t understand under what capacity he has made it. It`s not a journalistic statement.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor makes his voice-over debut as 'Buck' in Hindi trailer of 'Ice Age Collision Course'!
- Govt, RBI seek to soothe wracked investor nerves after Brexit
- Chicago University welcomes Raghuram Rajan back to academics
- No kids for John Abraham for now
- Throwback pic! Virat Kohli showcases rockstar avatar, raps in AR Rahman's Chennai studio