Rahul Gandhi dubs Ved Prakash Vaidik an RSS man
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday dubbed Ramdev aide Ved Prakash Vaidik an RSS man, amid the row over the latter`s meeting with Pakistani terror mastermind Hafiz Saeed in the capacity of “a journalist”.
“The man is an RSS man, that is a known fact,” Rahul Gandhi told journalists this morning.
“We are curious to know if the Indian embassy (in Pakistan) facilitated this meeting,” he added.
Vaidik has defended his meeting, saying he met Saeed in his personal capacity as a journalist and not a s a government representative.
Apart from meeting Saeed, Vaidik has made another controversial statement saying that there is no harm if Kashmir is made an independent nation.
Speaking to a Pakistan-based news channel, Vaidik said that both India and Pakistan should stop fighting over Kashmir and make it an independent nation.
Reacting to the latest remarks, BJD leader Jay Panda said, “If such a statement has been made, I don`t understand under what capacity he has made it. It`s not a journalistic statement.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information