Rahul Gandhi dubs Ved Prakash Vaidik an RSS man
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday dubbed Ramdev aide Ved Prakash Vaidik an RSS man, amid the row over the latter`s meeting with Pakistani terror mastermind Hafiz Saeed in the capacity of “a journalist”.
“The man is an RSS man, that is a known fact,” Rahul Gandhi told journalists this morning.
“We are curious to know if the Indian embassy (in Pakistan) facilitated this meeting,” he added.
Vaidik has defended his meeting, saying he met Saeed in his personal capacity as a journalist and not a s a government representative.
Apart from meeting Saeed, Vaidik has made another controversial statement saying that there is no harm if Kashmir is made an independent nation.
Speaking to a Pakistan-based news channel, Vaidik said that both India and Pakistan should stop fighting over Kashmir and make it an independent nation.
Reacting to the latest remarks, BJD leader Jay Panda said, “If such a statement has been made, I don`t understand under what capacity he has made it. It`s not a journalistic statement.”
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative