Rahul Gandhi in Guptkashi, may head to Kedarnath
Zee Media Bureau
Gauchar: After taking an overnight halt here, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday reached Guptkashi.
The Congress vice president visited the Char Dham air base and spoke to pilots and relatives of Uttarakhand floods victims.
Rahul Gandhi visited Gauchar, where he remained stuck till this morning due to bad weather, after he reached flood-ravaged Uttarakhand on Monday. He is expected to fly to Kedarnath, some reports said.
Rahul Gandhi`s Uttarakhand visit came amid criticism from the opposition for his absence from flood and landslide-hit Uttarakhand. Heavy rains pounded the hill state on June 16 triggering the disaster which has killed more than 600 people.
Rahul monitored the relief work being done by the party during his visit.
At the Congress briefing in Delhi, party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary on Monday ducked the question on the number of days the Congress leader will stay in Uttarakhand, saying it is immaterial.
Congress has set up a control room at Dehradun to accelerate the relief work. Congress secretary Sanjay Kapoor and the party`s Seva Dal chief Mahendra Joshi have already been sent to Dehradun to monitor the work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar