Rahul Gandhi in Guptkashi, may head to Kedarnath
Zee Media Bureau
Gauchar: After taking an overnight halt here, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday reached Guptkashi.
The Congress vice president visited the Char Dham air base and spoke to pilots and relatives of Uttarakhand floods victims.
Rahul Gandhi visited Gauchar, where he remained stuck till this morning due to bad weather, after he reached flood-ravaged Uttarakhand on Monday. He is expected to fly to Kedarnath, some reports said.
Rahul Gandhi`s Uttarakhand visit came amid criticism from the opposition for his absence from flood and landslide-hit Uttarakhand. Heavy rains pounded the hill state on June 16 triggering the disaster which has killed more than 600 people.
Rahul monitored the relief work being done by the party during his visit.
At the Congress briefing in Delhi, party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary on Monday ducked the question on the number of days the Congress leader will stay in Uttarakhand, saying it is immaterial.
Congress has set up a control room at Dehradun to accelerate the relief work. Congress secretary Sanjay Kapoor and the party`s Seva Dal chief Mahendra Joshi have already been sent to Dehradun to monitor the work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Derecognise AAP in wake of its activist's suicide: BJP
- All Party meet for inclusive engagement of all stakeholders in J&K
- Brazil arrests terror group over plot to launch large scale attack at 2016 Rio Olympics
- US acts to block two mega-mergers in health insurance worth $91 billion
- Hardik Patel's movement restricted; FIR lodged against him too