Rahul Gandhi in Guptkashi, may head to Kedarnath
Zee Media Bureau
Gauchar: After taking an overnight halt here, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday reached Guptkashi.
The Congress vice president visited the Char Dham air base and spoke to pilots and relatives of Uttarakhand floods victims.
Rahul Gandhi visited Gauchar, where he remained stuck till this morning due to bad weather, after he reached flood-ravaged Uttarakhand on Monday. He is expected to fly to Kedarnath, some reports said.
Rahul Gandhi`s Uttarakhand visit came amid criticism from the opposition for his absence from flood and landslide-hit Uttarakhand. Heavy rains pounded the hill state on June 16 triggering the disaster which has killed more than 600 people.
Rahul monitored the relief work being done by the party during his visit.
At the Congress briefing in Delhi, party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary on Monday ducked the question on the number of days the Congress leader will stay in Uttarakhand, saying it is immaterial.
Congress has set up a control room at Dehradun to accelerate the relief work. Congress secretary Sanjay Kapoor and the party`s Seva Dal chief Mahendra Joshi have already been sent to Dehradun to monitor the work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma