Rahul Gandhi reviews Jharkhand, Odisha political situation
New Delhi: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi has reportedly reviewed the political situation in Jharkhand and Odisha with state party leaders in the wake of speculation that the party is looking at options available to it to form governments in these two states.
In Jharkhand, there is speculation that the Congress is in favour of exploring ways to form a government with the support of the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM), but opinion within the party is reportedly divided on this.
Jharkhand was placed under President`s rule in January 2013, and this ends in July.
Gandhi also reviewed the party``s prospects in Odisha. Congress state unit chief Jayadeva
Jena presented a roadmap of political activity, including an aggressive campaign against the "misrule and corruption" of the ruling BJD government ahead of the 2014 general elections and a party membership drive over the next three months.
Gandhi is said to have given his approval to the plans.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis