Rahul Gandhi reviews Jharkhand, Odisha political situation
New Delhi: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi has reportedly reviewed the political situation in Jharkhand and Odisha with state party leaders in the wake of speculation that the party is looking at options available to it to form governments in these two states.
In Jharkhand, there is speculation that the Congress is in favour of exploring ways to form a government with the support of the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM), but opinion within the party is reportedly divided on this.
Jharkhand was placed under President`s rule in January 2013, and this ends in July.
Gandhi also reviewed the party``s prospects in Odisha. Congress state unit chief Jayadeva
Jena presented a roadmap of political activity, including an aggressive campaign against the "misrule and corruption" of the ruling BJD government ahead of the 2014 general elections and a party membership drive over the next three months.
Gandhi is said to have given his approval to the plans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch