Rahul loved playing badminton as a little boy
Jaipur: Rahul Gandhi on Sunday recalled that as a little boy, he loved to play badminton.
"When I was a little boy I loved to play badminton. I loved it because it gives me balance in a complicated world," he said in his maiden speech after being appointed the Vice President of Congress party.
The 42-year-old scion of the Nehru-Gandhi said he was taught how to play in his grandmother (Indira Gandhi)`s house by two policemen who protected her.
"They (policemen) were my friends, then one day they killed my grandmother and took way the balance in my life. I felt pain that I never felt before and many of us have experienced this.
"So, you will understand what I am saying," the party`s youth icon, touted as the future Prime Minister, said emotionally at the AICC session here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!