Rahul loved playing badminton as a little boy
Jaipur: Rahul Gandhi on Sunday recalled that as a little boy, he loved to play badminton.
"When I was a little boy I loved to play badminton. I loved it because it gives me balance in a complicated world," he said in his maiden speech after being appointed the Vice President of Congress party.
The 42-year-old scion of the Nehru-Gandhi said he was taught how to play in his grandmother (Indira Gandhi)`s house by two policemen who protected her.
"They (policemen) were my friends, then one day they killed my grandmother and took way the balance in my life. I felt pain that I never felt before and many of us have experienced this.
"So, you will understand what I am saying," the party`s youth icon, touted as the future Prime Minister, said emotionally at the AICC session here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users