Rahul loved playing badminton as a little boy
Jaipur: Rahul Gandhi on Sunday recalled that as a little boy, he loved to play badminton.
"When I was a little boy I loved to play badminton. I loved it because it gives me balance in a complicated world," he said in his maiden speech after being appointed the Vice President of Congress party.
The 42-year-old scion of the Nehru-Gandhi said he was taught how to play in his grandmother (Indira Gandhi)`s house by two policemen who protected her.
"They (policemen) were my friends, then one day they killed my grandmother and took way the balance in my life. I felt pain that I never felt before and many of us have experienced this.
"So, you will understand what I am saying," the party`s youth icon, touted as the future Prime Minister, said emotionally at the AICC session here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read