Rahul loved playing badminton as a little boy
Jaipur: Rahul Gandhi on Sunday recalled that as a little boy, he loved to play badminton.
"When I was a little boy I loved to play badminton. I loved it because it gives me balance in a complicated world," he said in his maiden speech after being appointed the Vice President of Congress party.
The 42-year-old scion of the Nehru-Gandhi said he was taught how to play in his grandmother (Indira Gandhi)`s house by two policemen who protected her.
"They (policemen) were my friends, then one day they killed my grandmother and took way the balance in my life. I felt pain that I never felt before and many of us have experienced this.
"So, you will understand what I am saying," the party`s youth icon, touted as the future Prime Minister, said emotionally at the AICC session here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions