Railgate: Order of bail pleas of Singla and 5 others on July 12
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday fixed July 12 for pronouncing its order on the bail pleas of former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla and five others, arrested for their alleged involvement in the Rs 10 crore cash-for-post railway bribery scam.
Special CBI Judge Swarana Kanta Sharma, who was scheduled to give her order today on the bail applications of accused Singla, Rahul Yadav, Sameer Sandhir and Sushil Daga, deferred it for July 12.
The court also reserved order for the same day on bail pleas of businessman Sandeep Goyal and MD of Bangalore-based GG Tronics India Pvt Ltd Narayan Rao Manjunath.
Counsel appearing for Manjunath claimed that his client has been falsely implicated and CBI has claimed that a part of the alleged bribe amount was procured by the accused through hawala transactions but there is no proof to substantiate it.
Singla`s counsel had said that the alleged bribe money recovered by CBI was part of a business transaction.
He had also said that CBI is relying on some intercepted telephonic conversations but since the same have been procured illegally, they cannot be relied upon to show that the money recovered from him was an illegal gratification.
CBI rebutted his argument saying the conversations have not been intercepted illegally.
During arguments on the bail pleas of Yadav, Sandhir and Daga, their lawyer had said CBI is falsely implicating them and they were not involved in the "principal conspiracy" in the case.
The counsel had questioned the CBI`s move of making Bansal a prosecution witness in the case saying that the person who should have been made an accused has been set free.
"The day when you (CBI) made Mr Bansal as a witness in this case, this court should have discharged all the accused. In which direction the investigation is going on?
"They (CBI) are implicating these poor persons (Yadav, Sandhir and Daga) and the person who should have been made accused is set free," he had said.
The CBI, in its charge sheet filed on July 2 against 10 accused, including Singla, has made the former Union Railway Minister a prosecution witness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi