Railway bribery case: CBI names Bansal as prosecution witness
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The CBI on Thursday named former railway minister Pawan Kumar Bansal as a prosecution witness in the Railways recruitment scam, in which his nephew is an accused.
The development came two days after the CBI filed a chargesheet in the case and named Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla and nine others, including a then Railway Board member Mahesh Kumar, as accused.
The agency has filed a list of 90 prosecution witnesses along with the chargesheet in a special CBI court here and Bansal has been named as the 39th witness.
The agency filed its chargesheet before the special CBI judge naming 10 accused in the cash-for-post scandal that cost Pawan his ministerial berth. The accused are Mahesh Kumar, Singla, middlemen Sandeep Goyal, Samir Sandhir, Sushil Daga, Ajay Garg, Rahul Yadav, businessman Narayan Rao Manjunath and his aides MV Murali Krishan and CV Venugopal.
Two courier boys who delivered the bribe money have not been named in the chargesheet.
Bansal, who lost his job after the scam surfaced, was questioned at length by CBI during the investigation but was not named in the chargesheet as the agency could not find any evidence of his direct involvement as of now.
- Dear ladies, Women's Online Shopping Festival is here to pamper you
- Twitter explodes with reactions over Kanhaiya Kumar touching Lalu's feet - Viral picture inside
- Gold price at 15-month high, rises further to Rs 30,330 per 10 grams
- Know who is vulnerable to online dating scams
- VIDEO: Maiden over & 5 wickets! Watch Mohammad Amir's sensational last over vs Australia!