Railway bribery case: CBI names Bansal as prosecution witness
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The CBI on Thursday named former railway minister Pawan Kumar Bansal as a prosecution witness in the Railways recruitment scam, in which his nephew is an accused.
The development came two days after the CBI filed a chargesheet in the case and named Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla and nine others, including a then Railway Board member Mahesh Kumar, as accused.
The agency has filed a list of 90 prosecution witnesses along with the chargesheet in a special CBI court here and Bansal has been named as the 39th witness.
The agency filed its chargesheet before the special CBI judge naming 10 accused in the cash-for-post scandal that cost Pawan his ministerial berth. The accused are Mahesh Kumar, Singla, middlemen Sandeep Goyal, Samir Sandhir, Sushil Daga, Ajay Garg, Rahul Yadav, businessman Narayan Rao Manjunath and his aides MV Murali Krishan and CV Venugopal.
Two courier boys who delivered the bribe money have not been named in the chargesheet.
Bansal, who lost his job after the scam surfaced, was questioned at length by CBI during the investigation but was not named in the chargesheet as the agency could not find any evidence of his direct involvement as of now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information