Railways find difficult to complete projects: Bans
New Delhi: Railways find it "very difficult" to complete projects at the desired pace as new schemes are announced in response to demands of MPs, Railways Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal said in the Rajya Sabha on Friday.
Railways is one of the departments where announcements are made for new projects on demands of MPs, he said during Question Hour.
Railways find it "very difficult" to complete the projects at the desired pace, he said.
The minister, however, said work on different projects are going on as per the allocated budget.
He said a project is announced and an estimated cost is worked out. However, the actual cost is worked out after in-principle approval for the project.
Cost of projects always gets increased due to prolonged period of execution.
Referring to Rajasthan, he said funds have been provided yearly as per the availability of resources for completion of projects.
"Steps have been taken to generate extra budgetary resources through state participation, public-private partnership, defence funding, declaring some projects as National Projects and implementation of bankable projects through Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL)," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH