Railways find difficult to complete projects: Bans
New Delhi: Railways find it "very difficult" to complete projects at the desired pace as new schemes are announced in response to demands of MPs, Railways Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal said in the Rajya Sabha on Friday.
Railways is one of the departments where announcements are made for new projects on demands of MPs, he said during Question Hour.
Railways find it "very difficult" to complete the projects at the desired pace, he said.
The minister, however, said work on different projects are going on as per the allocated budget.
He said a project is announced and an estimated cost is worked out. However, the actual cost is worked out after in-principle approval for the project.
Cost of projects always gets increased due to prolonged period of execution.
Referring to Rajasthan, he said funds have been provided yearly as per the availability of resources for completion of projects.
"Steps have been taken to generate extra budgetary resources through state participation, public-private partnership, defence funding, declaring some projects as National Projects and implementation of bankable projects through Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL)," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what