Raje had a clash of interest with Kataria: Gehlot
Jaipur: Under BJP`s line of fire over CBI action against Gulab Chand Kataria, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday alleged that the party was politicising the matter while its state chief Vasundhara Raje herself had a clash of interest with the former minister.
Kataria was recently chargesheeted by CBI in the Sohrabuddin encounter case.
Gehlot, while talking to reporters in Udaipur district, claimed BJP state president Vasundhara Raje never had good relations with Kataria.
"When it was her government, she (Raje) tarnished Kataria`s image in land related cases. When he had planned to take a yatra (last year), she opposed and threatened to quit the party if he went ahead," Gehlot said.
The chief minister went on to claim that grapevine in BJP`s circles is that Kataria was implicated in Sohrabuddin case by none other than Raje herself.
"Now, (even) BJP leaders are saying that Kataria was implicated in Sohrabuddin case at the behest of Raje," he claimed.
Gehlot slammed the party for calling a state-wide bandh yesterday, and asked them to take legal course rather than "doing politics" over the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali