Rajya Sabha seats available for Rs 100 crore: Congress MP
New Delhi: A Congress Rajya Sabha member has made a sensational claim that berths in the Upper House are available for Rs 100 crore, triggering a controversy with the BJP on Monday slamming the ruling party at the Centre for bringing politics to "such a low level".
Congress MP from Haryana Birender Singh said at a programme that "once someone had told me that Rs 100 crore was required to get a Rajya Sabha berth. But he said he got it for Rs 80 crore and saved Rs 20 crore. Now will people who are willing to invest Rs 100 crore, ever think of the poor country."
BJP was quick to hit back. Party spokesperson and Rajya Sabha member Prakash Javadekar said Singh must be giving his own example.
"Congress is in the habit of cutting out deals. Congress has brought politics in the country to such a low level," he said.
Singh was AICC general secretary in charge of Himachal Pradesh but was dropped in the recent AICC reshuffle. There were strong speculation that he could be made a minister in the recent reshuffle of the Union council of ministers.
He is a know detractor of Haryana chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city