Ram Jethmalani to be expelled from BJP: Sources
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) appears to have made up its mind to expel maverick lawyer and Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani from the party, sources told Zee Media on Tuesday.
The decision has been taken at the BJP parliamentary board meeting at LK Advani’s office, the sources claimed.
Jethmalani was suspended on November 25 last year after he attacked the party for its criticism on the appointment of the new CBI director and had been at the forefront of the ‘Narendra Modi for PM’ chorus in the party.
The noted lawyer was also vocal in his opposition to Nitin Gadkari and had pushed demanded that Gadkari should immediately step down in the wake of charges of dubious funding of his Purti Group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss