Ram Jethmalani to be expelled from BJP: Sources
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) appears to have made up its mind to expel maverick lawyer and Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani from the party, sources told Zee Media on Tuesday.
The decision has been taken at the BJP parliamentary board meeting at LK Advani’s office, the sources claimed.
Jethmalani was suspended on November 25 last year after he attacked the party for its criticism on the appointment of the new CBI director and had been at the forefront of the ‘Narendra Modi for PM’ chorus in the party.
The noted lawyer was also vocal in his opposition to Nitin Gadkari and had pushed demanded that Gadkari should immediately step down in the wake of charges of dubious funding of his Purti Group.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory