Ramlila stir: Police seeks details from Team Anna
New Delhi: Delhi Police has sought more details, including the expected gathering and names of VVIPs attending, from Team Anna to give permission for its Ramlila Maidan agitation from December 27 for a strong Lokpal.
Team Anna received a letter from Station House Officer of
Kamla Market, under whose jurisdiction Ramlila Maidan falls,
on Friday seeking clarifications on eight points saying they
have not given the information in the application they filed
with Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central) Vivek Kishore on
"It is intimated that you have not clarified the
following points," Pramod Joshi, the SHO of Kamla Market, said
in his letter.
Police has asked Team Anna to provide the schedule and
nature of the programme on day-to-day basis besides expected
gathering on the function at Ramlila Ground from December 27,
2011 to January 5, 2012.
It also asked for the name and numbers of VVIP/VIP
attending the programme, details of volunteers, time of speech
and by whom and sitting plan.
Police has also sought "the names of persons who will
sit on the dais and number of vehicle which will be parked
inside and outside Ramlila Maidan".
Hazare had earlier threatened to go on an indefinite fast
in Ramlila Maidan from December 27 if a strong Lokpal Bill is
not passed and warned that he will campaign against Congress
in the five poll-bound states.
Team Anna had approached Municipal Corporation of Delhi
(MCD, which owns the ground having a capacity of around
30,000, which told the group that they would be able to give
it for ten days as there were prior applications.
If he sits on fast at Ramlila, it will be his fourth fast
on the issue this year and second in the same ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves