RAW faces support staff crunch
New Delhi: Country`s external intelligence agency Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) is facing shortage of secretarial cadre, responsible for providing logistic support among other tasks to the organisation.
In order to tide over the problem which may continue for next three-four years due to non-availability of officers in the feeder cadre, the RAW has written to the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), a central government nodal department, seeking its assistance in filling the vacancies.
"Cabinet Secretariat (RAW) is facing shortage of officers at the rank of Director or Deputy Secretary in secretarial cadre which is responsible for personnel management and providing logistic support to the organisation," said S K Tripathi, Secretary (R), Cabinet Secretariat, in a letter to the DoPT.
He has requested the DoPT to send nominations of willing officers with necessary vigilance clearance for appointment on deputation for an initial period of three years.
"Besides Deputation Allowance or opting for higher grade pay, the selected officers would also be eligible for Special Security Allowance at the rate of 15 per cent of basic pay and grade pay," the letter said.
The DoPT has asked all central government ministries and departments to send nominations of eligible officers for appointment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him