RAW faces support staff crunch
New Delhi: Country`s external intelligence agency Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) is facing shortage of secretarial cadre, responsible for providing logistic support among other tasks to the organisation.
In order to tide over the problem which may continue for next three-four years due to non-availability of officers in the feeder cadre, the RAW has written to the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), a central government nodal department, seeking its assistance in filling the vacancies.
"Cabinet Secretariat (RAW) is facing shortage of officers at the rank of Director or Deputy Secretary in secretarial cadre which is responsible for personnel management and providing logistic support to the organisation," said S K Tripathi, Secretary (R), Cabinet Secretariat, in a letter to the DoPT.
He has requested the DoPT to send nominations of willing officers with necessary vigilance clearance for appointment on deputation for an initial period of three years.
"Besides Deputation Allowance or opting for higher grade pay, the selected officers would also be eligible for Special Security Allowance at the rate of 15 per cent of basic pay and grade pay," the letter said.
The DoPT has asked all central government ministries and departments to send nominations of eligible officers for appointment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation