Ready for defamation case over Vadra claims: Kejriwal
New Delhi: India Against Corruption (IAC) leader Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday said that he is ready to face a defamation case if the corruption charges levied against Robert Vadra, son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, are proven false.
"I am ready to face defamation charges if the corruption charges against Robert Vadra are proven wrong. Why is the Congress silent on the merits of the case," Kejriwal asked while speaking with reporters.
Launching what he termed the `bijli-paani satyagraha` in Delhi for the provision of water and electricity at a fair price, Kejriwal appealed to the people to stop paying electricity and water bills till the Delhi government withdrew tariff hikes.
"Everyone will have to be fearless. We have to rise, unite and fight against corruption. There is no opposition left in the country. The people are the opposition. I am here to spread awareness," he said.
Kejriwal said that he had got an electricity connection installed in the house of a labourer in the capital, but that connection was later cut, pending a Rs 15,000 electricity bill.
He said that he had got that connection restored, and urged people to stand up and demand their due: "We got the electricity connection of the poor labourer today (Saturday). Everyone has to take charge now. If they disconnect electricity, let us all connect it. MPs, ex-MPs owe huge amounts to electricity companies. Still, their connections are not disconnected. Poor people are being terrorized. We shall fight," he said.
Kejriwal, who launched his political party on Tuesday, alleged that Vadra had bought property in Gurgaon and other places at rates far below market rates and sold them at huge profit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena