Record my statement before magistrate: Bhatt
Ahmedabad: Accusing Special Investigation
Team officials of bias, suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt has
once again asked the SIT which is probing the 2002 post-Godhra
riot cases to record his statement before a magistrate in
connection with Gulburg Society riots.
Bhatt, in his letter to SIT chairman R K Raghavan, has
also shown willingness to record statement with regard to the
2006 complaint of Zakia Jaffery, in which she has accused
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and 62 others of having
complicity in post-Godhra riots, and alleged a larger criminal
conspiracy in the string of violence across the state.
"I reiterate my earlier requests made to you through my
letters dated March 18, 2011 and December 10, 2011; and once
again implore you to get my statement in connection with the
following (Zakia) complaint and (Gulburg) FIR, recorded before
a magistrate under Section 164 (1) of the Code of Criminal
Procedure, at the very earliest," he said.
Bhatt also expressed apprehension about the motive and
intent of the SIT officers "selectively leaking" information
with regard to the probe.
"It appears that the officers of the SIT are not only
continuing with their sinister design of either distorting or
selectively suppressing certain portions of my statements to
suit a particular pre-conceived line of investigation but also
seem to have chosen to disregard or suppress relevant
documentary evidence which could potentially incriminate
Narendra Modi," he said.
"I have provided to the SIT, relevant documentary
evidence and contemporaneous records directly linking Narendra
Modi with the abetment of the Gujarat Carnage of 2002.
"Evidently, the SIT has even ignored my suggestion of
examining certain senior officers of the State Intelligence
Bureau who could have corroborated the fact of my having
attended the meeting at the residence of the Chief Minister on
the night of February 27, 2002," he wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read