Record my statement before magistrate: Bhatt
Ahmedabad: Accusing Special Investigation
Team officials of bias, suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt has
once again asked the SIT which is probing the 2002 post-Godhra
riot cases to record his statement before a magistrate in
connection with Gulburg Society riots.
Bhatt, in his letter to SIT chairman R K Raghavan, has
also shown willingness to record statement with regard to the
2006 complaint of Zakia Jaffery, in which she has accused
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and 62 others of having
complicity in post-Godhra riots, and alleged a larger criminal
conspiracy in the string of violence across the state.
"I reiterate my earlier requests made to you through my
letters dated March 18, 2011 and December 10, 2011; and once
again implore you to get my statement in connection with the
following (Zakia) complaint and (Gulburg) FIR, recorded before
a magistrate under Section 164 (1) of the Code of Criminal
Procedure, at the very earliest," he said.
Bhatt also expressed apprehension about the motive and
intent of the SIT officers "selectively leaking" information
with regard to the probe.
"It appears that the officers of the SIT are not only
continuing with their sinister design of either distorting or
selectively suppressing certain portions of my statements to
suit a particular pre-conceived line of investigation but also
seem to have chosen to disregard or suppress relevant
documentary evidence which could potentially incriminate
Narendra Modi," he said.
"I have provided to the SIT, relevant documentary
evidence and contemporaneous records directly linking Narendra
Modi with the abetment of the Gujarat Carnage of 2002.
"Evidently, the SIT has even ignored my suggestion of
examining certain senior officers of the State Intelligence
Bureau who could have corroborated the fact of my having
attended the meeting at the residence of the Chief Minister on
the night of February 27, 2002," he wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened