‘Regional parties to play key role in LS polls’
New Delhi: Sending a message to national parties, RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Sunday claimed regional parties will play a key role in the coming Presidential election and the next Lok Sabha polls.
However, he refused to indicate his party`s strategy on the candidature of Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, widely speculated to be the UPA nominee, though he praised him no end.
Participating in the discussion in Lok Sabha during the Special Sitting to mark 60 years of the first session of Parliament, he said, "From Delhi to Kolkata, it is the sway of regional parties all the way."
These parties will play a significant role in the Presidential election as also the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, he said.
Turning to the Leader of the House Pranab Mukherjee, the RJD leader said the senior leader "has the right to scold us and his intentions are never bad and later he agrees to our point of view.
"We have authorised him to scold us," he said, as the House and Mukherjee joined in the laughter that followed.
He wished a long and active life for Mukherjee whom he hailed as a workaholic but ignored prodding by a BSP member that he should say "keep moving up".
Amid thumping of desks by BJP members, Prasad also showered praise on Atal Bihari Vajpayee saying the veteran leader was not in Parliament due to illness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon