Registration of Amarnath yatris to begin on Monday
Jammu: The registration of pilgrims for the annual Amarnath yatra will start from March 18.
The process will start for both the yatra routes -- Baltal and Chandanwari -- on the day through 422 designated bank branches of Jammu and Kashmir Bank, State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, YES Bank and HDFC Bank all over the country, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) Navin K Choudhary said on Saturday.
This year`s 55-day yatra will commence from June 28 and culminate on Raksha Bandhan on August 21.
Step-by-step procedure which the yatris need to follow to register has been uploaded on the Board`s website, which also contains the application form and state-wise list of bank branches with complete addresses.
The CEO said the applicant-yatri will have to furnish a Compulsory Health Certificate while seeking registration. The format of this and state-wise list of doctors or institutes authorised to issue it have also been put on the website.
The certificates issued only after March 01 will be valid, he said, adding that pilgrims under the age of 13 years or above the age of 75 years and ladies more than six weeks pregnant would not be registered for the yatra.
Yatra Permits for this year will be different for each day of the week and route to facilitate police personnel deployed at the Access Control Gates at Baltal and Chandanwari in determining whether a yatri possesses valid documents.
He also cautioned the intending yatris against undertaking the arduous pilgrimage without securing a permit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India