Rehman Malik blames Indian agencies for failure to prevent 26/11
New Delhi: Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik on Sunday blamed Indian security agencies for their "failure" to prevent the 2008 Mumbai terror attack and alleged that Indian non-state actors were involved in the massacre.
Malik also said had there been interaction between Pakistan and India and regular sharing of information, the 26/11 attack could have been prevented.
He said Pakistani-American terrorist David Headley had conspired with al Qaeda terrorist Ilyas Kashmiri, a retired major of Pakistan Army and three Indian terrorists -- Abu Jundal, Jabbiullah and Fahim Ansari -- and roamed freely and plotted India`s worst terror attack.
"So it is not a state sponsored drama, state sponsored action. It is action by non-state actors. Triangular nexus between Headley, (Ilyas) Kashmiri, the enemy of Pakistan, a Major who deserted the Pakistan Army, having joined LeT and of course three Indians," he said delivering a lecture at Observer Research Foundation.
Malik said during investigation, it has come to be known that they carried out recce of the targets and shot films uninterrupted and without notice of law enforcement agencies.
"If you put things together, there are three guys, one coming from the US, and he has that money, he has got credit cards, he has moved all over, he had created franchise, he had created a social circle. All these should have come to the attention of some agencies.
"Now the agencies failed. Both here and Pakistan. So, we have failed. Why? Because, there was no interaction between Pakistan and India," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!