Rs 800 cr bet on next President, Pranab favourite
New Delhi/Mumbai: Although Mamata Banerjee appears resolute to veto Pranab Mukherjee’s elevation as the next President, the veteran parliamentarian from Bengal has emerged as the favourite of bookies in the country.
As per an estimate, Rs 800 crore is riding on the Presidential polls with punters backing Pranab as the most probable new occupant of Rashtrapati Bhavan.
A rate of 0.50 paise is being offered on a bet on Pranab – a successful bet of Rs 1 on Pranab would yield Rs 1.50.
Going rates for others: Manmohan Singh – Rs 6.50, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam – Rs 8, Hamid Ansari – Rs 12 and Somnath Chatterjee – Rs 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug