RS adjourned after uproar on coal scam, Chinese incursion
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha on Monday saw uproarious scenes for the seventh successive day over BJP`s demand for resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on coal block allocations and protest by SP against Chinese incursion, leading to two adjournments before lunch.
The ruckus took toll of both the Question Hour and Zero Hour as members from BJP trooped into the Well to demand the Prime Minister`s resignation over the coal issue and alleged vetting of the CBI report on it.
Both Question Hour and Zero Hour could not be conducted ever since the second phase of the Budget session began on April 22.
As soon as the House met for the day, BJP members rushed into the Well shouting: "Pradhan mantri isteefa do (Prime Minister resign)" and "koyele ki dalali hai, poori Congress kali hai (Congress is tainted in coal scam)".
SP members too moved into the Well shouting slogans against the Chinese incursion in Ladakh. As Chairman Hamid Ansari`s pleas to maintain order went unheeded and slogan shouting continued, he adjourned the House till noon.
Similar scenes were witnessed when the House reassembled as SP members rushed again into the Well.
Deputy Chairman P J Kurien appealed to members to allow Zero Hour but they did not relent.
Amid din, the Chair allowed members to lay their Special Mentions. As uproar continued, he adjourned the House till 2 PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark