RS adjourned after uproar on coal scam, Chinese incursion
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha on Monday saw uproarious scenes for the seventh successive day over BJP`s demand for resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on coal block allocations and protest by SP against Chinese incursion, leading to two adjournments before lunch.
The ruckus took toll of both the Question Hour and Zero Hour as members from BJP trooped into the Well to demand the Prime Minister`s resignation over the coal issue and alleged vetting of the CBI report on it.
Both Question Hour and Zero Hour could not be conducted ever since the second phase of the Budget session began on April 22.
As soon as the House met for the day, BJP members rushed into the Well shouting: "Pradhan mantri isteefa do (Prime Minister resign)" and "koyele ki dalali hai, poori Congress kali hai (Congress is tainted in coal scam)".
SP members too moved into the Well shouting slogans against the Chinese incursion in Ladakh. As Chairman Hamid Ansari`s pleas to maintain order went unheeded and slogan shouting continued, he adjourned the House till noon.
Similar scenes were witnessed when the House reassembled as SP members rushed again into the Well.
Deputy Chairman P J Kurien appealed to members to allow Zero Hour but they did not relent.
Amid din, the Chair allowed members to lay their Special Mentions. As uproar continued, he adjourned the House till 2 PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America