RS adjourned after uproar on coal scam, Chinese incursion
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha on Monday saw uproarious scenes for the seventh successive day over BJP`s demand for resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on coal block allocations and protest by SP against Chinese incursion, leading to two adjournments before lunch.
The ruckus took toll of both the Question Hour and Zero Hour as members from BJP trooped into the Well to demand the Prime Minister`s resignation over the coal issue and alleged vetting of the CBI report on it.
Both Question Hour and Zero Hour could not be conducted ever since the second phase of the Budget session began on April 22.
As soon as the House met for the day, BJP members rushed into the Well shouting: "Pradhan mantri isteefa do (Prime Minister resign)" and "koyele ki dalali hai, poori Congress kali hai (Congress is tainted in coal scam)".
SP members too moved into the Well shouting slogans against the Chinese incursion in Ladakh. As Chairman Hamid Ansari`s pleas to maintain order went unheeded and slogan shouting continued, he adjourned the House till noon.
Similar scenes were witnessed when the House reassembled as SP members rushed again into the Well.
Deputy Chairman P J Kurien appealed to members to allow Zero Hour but they did not relent.
Amid din, the Chair allowed members to lay their Special Mentions. As uproar continued, he adjourned the House till 2 PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof