RSS flays Pak Parliament resolution on Afzal
Jaipur: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh on Friday condemned the resolution passed by Pakistan Parliament on the hanging of terrorist Afzal Guru.
RSS, in its annual meeting of apex decision making body here today, said that Pakistani Parliament`s resolution demanding return of the mortal remains of Afzal to his relatives was an "unwarranted interference".
"Returning of the body of terrorist Afzal Guru was made an issue in the Parliament of Pakistan and a resolution was also passed which is unwarranted interference by Pakistan and RSS strongly criticises it," senior RSS leader Dattatrey Hosbole told reporters.
The three-day meet, `Akhil Bhartiya Pratinidhi Sabha`, began today in Jamdoli area, around 20 kms from here.
He alleged that Pakistan was adopting a double standard on the issue of terror.
"At the one hand, they refuse to accept the body of Mumbai terror attack convict Ajmal Kasab and on the other side they demand the body of Afzal Guru. This clearly shows the double standards of Pakistan," Hosbole said.
The Lower House of Pakistan`s Parliament yesterday passed a resolution demanding that the body of Afzal, convicted and hanged for his role in the attack on Indian Parliament, be handed over to his family members.
"In the meet, inaugurated today by Sarsanghchalak (chief) Mohan Bhagwat and Sarkaryavah Bhaiyya Joshi, progress of the work done by the organisation and its impact on the society are being discussed in details and goals will be set for the coming year," he said.
Various issues, including the killing of two soldiers at LoC and beheading of one of them by Pakistani soldiers in January, infiltration from Pakistan and Bangladesh, statement by Union Home Minister regarding Hindu terror, corruption in defence deals and incidents of women atrocities were discussed on the first day.
Hosbole said that last year, Forum for Integrated National Security (FINS) took an initiative Sarhad Ko Pranam- in which about 6,000 of RSS swayamsevaks visited border areas of the country and experienced the extreme conditions in which the defense personnel guard the borders as well as shared that experiences with people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed