RSS seeks early legislation on Ram temple
Nagpur: Opposing construction of any structure for the minority community at the disputed site in Ayodhya, RSS Wednesday asked the Centre to bring in a legislation at the earliest allowing Ram Janmabhoomi Trust to construct a Ram temple there.
RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, while addressing an annual gathering of Vijayadashmi celebrations here today, said any construction for the sake of the minority community should be allowed only outside the "cultural boundaries of Ayodhya".
Quoting reports, Bhagwat said, "Attempts are on to acquire a large plot of land adjacent to the Ram Janambhoomi to construct a big structure for Muslims."
"The state government will acquire the piece of land and the union government will be funding the construction," he said.
"The construction of Ram Janmabhoomi temple is an issue pending before the court. Therefore, making such irresponsible proposal at this juncture will amount to playing with the sentiments of the crores of Hindus and will result in vitiating the atmosphere of amity," Bhagwat said.
Considering the judgement delivered by the Allahabad High Court on Sept 30, 2010, the Parliament should enact a legislation, he said adding, "This is the only way to solve the issue amicably."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event