RSS seeks early legislation on Ram temple
Nagpur: Opposing construction of any structure for the minority community at the disputed site in Ayodhya, RSS Wednesday asked the Centre to bring in a legislation at the earliest allowing Ram Janmabhoomi Trust to construct a Ram temple there.
RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, while addressing an annual gathering of Vijayadashmi celebrations here today, said any construction for the sake of the minority community should be allowed only outside the "cultural boundaries of Ayodhya".
Quoting reports, Bhagwat said, "Attempts are on to acquire a large plot of land adjacent to the Ram Janambhoomi to construct a big structure for Muslims."
"The state government will acquire the piece of land and the union government will be funding the construction," he said.
"The construction of Ram Janmabhoomi temple is an issue pending before the court. Therefore, making such irresponsible proposal at this juncture will amount to playing with the sentiments of the crores of Hindus and will result in vitiating the atmosphere of amity," Bhagwat said.
Considering the judgement delivered by the Allahabad High Court on Sept 30, 2010, the Parliament should enact a legislation, he said adding, "This is the only way to solve the issue amicably."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das