RTI e-filing facility extended to MHA, Agriculture Min
New Delhi: In a step towards enhancing transparency, the Central Governmnet has extended the facility of e-filing of RTI applications to ministries of Home Affairs and Agriculture.
The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), which acts as nodal ministry for implementation of Right to Information Act, has launched www.rtionline.gov.in to facilitate e-filing of applications and payment of fees.
The portal, developed by NIC, is a facility for online filing of RTI applications and first appeals and also to make payment of fees for seeking information.
The government plans to extend e-filing of RTI applications to all central ministries or departments through the website.
The Centre`s flagship Right to Information Act, which was enacted in 2005, mandates timely response within 30 days to citizen`s requests for government information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt