RTI e-filing facility extended to MHA, Agriculture Min
New Delhi: In a step towards enhancing transparency, the Central Governmnet has extended the facility of e-filing of RTI applications to ministries of Home Affairs and Agriculture.
The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), which acts as nodal ministry for implementation of Right to Information Act, has launched www.rtionline.gov.in to facilitate e-filing of applications and payment of fees.
The portal, developed by NIC, is a facility for online filing of RTI applications and first appeals and also to make payment of fees for seeking information.
The government plans to extend e-filing of RTI applications to all central ministries or departments through the website.
The Centre`s flagship Right to Information Act, which was enacted in 2005, mandates timely response within 30 days to citizen`s requests for government information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL