Sam Bahadur remembered...
New Delhi: As India remembers Sam Manekshaw on his fifth death anniversary, Zee News pays a tribute to one of the bravest soldiers of the soil. Popularly known as Sam Bahadur, he was the architect of the victory of the Indo-Pak war in 1971 that finally led to the creation of Bangladesh.
With a distinguished career that spanned over four decades and five wars, he was also the first Indian Army officer to be promoted to the rank of Field Marshal.
Sam Bahadur will live in our hearts and minds forever!
From the Zee News archives:
First person account of a soldier who worked with Sam Bahadur:
From the DNA Archives:
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH