Sam Bahadur remembered...
New Delhi: As India remembers Sam Manekshaw on his fifth death anniversary, Zee News pays a tribute to one of the bravest soldiers of the soil. Popularly known as Sam Bahadur, he was the architect of the victory of the Indo-Pak war in 1971 that finally led to the creation of Bangladesh.
With a distinguished career that spanned over four decades and five wars, he was also the first Indian Army officer to be promoted to the rank of Field Marshal.
Sam Bahadur will live in our hearts and minds forever!
From the Zee News archives:
First person account of a soldier who worked with Sam Bahadur:
From the DNA Archives:
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez