Sam Bahadur remembered...
New Delhi: As India remembers Sam Manekshaw on his fifth death anniversary, Zee News pays a tribute to one of the bravest soldiers of the soil. Popularly known as Sam Bahadur, he was the architect of the victory of the Indo-Pak war in 1971 that finally led to the creation of Bangladesh.
With a distinguished career that spanned over four decades and five wars, he was also the first Indian Army officer to be promoted to the rank of Field Marshal.
Sam Bahadur will live in our hearts and minds forever!
From the Zee News archives:
First person account of a soldier who worked with Sam Bahadur:
From the DNA Archives:
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy