Sarabjit attack: Pak inmates` security beefed up in UP
Muzaffarnagar: In the wake of brutal attack on Indian national Sarabjit Singh in a Pakistani prison, Uttar Pradesh authorities have alerted the Jail Superintendents to make adequate security arrangements for neighbouring country prisoners.
"The direction to all Jail Superintendents to take extra security of Pakistani prisoners have been given specially in Agra, Meerut, Muzaffarnagar and Aligarh," DIG (Jail) A K Pandey told reporters here today.
Three Pakistani prisoners are lodged in Meerut while one each in Muzaffarnagar and Ghaziabad.
Kasim, a Pakistani prisoner here has been in prison since 2011. He was arrested for staying in the country without visa and passport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday