Sarabjit attack: Pak inmates` security beefed up in UP
Muzaffarnagar: In the wake of brutal attack on Indian national Sarabjit Singh in a Pakistani prison, Uttar Pradesh authorities have alerted the Jail Superintendents to make adequate security arrangements for neighbouring country prisoners.
"The direction to all Jail Superintendents to take extra security of Pakistani prisoners have been given specially in Agra, Meerut, Muzaffarnagar and Aligarh," DIG (Jail) A K Pandey told reporters here today.
Three Pakistani prisoners are lodged in Meerut while one each in Muzaffarnagar and Ghaziabad.
Kasim, a Pakistani prisoner here has been in prison since 2011. He was arrested for staying in the country without visa and passport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands