Saradha scam: Debjani Mukherjee sent to judicial custody
Kolkata: Saradha Group director Debjani Mukherjee, a co-accused in the multi-crore fund scam, was remanded in judicial custody till May 31 in various cases by a West Bengal court Monday.
"Mukherjee was presented before the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (Bidhannagar) A.H.M. Rahman who remanded her in judicial custody till May 22, 23, and 31 in six different cases of cheating, non-payment of salary, and so on," said Mukherjee`s counsel.
Mukherjee was scheduled to be presented before the court Saturday after the expiry of police custody but had to be hospitalised after she complained of sickness.
She was discharged from a city nursing home Monday, following which she was taken to court.
Along with Saradha promoter Sudipta Sen, Mukherjee and a company official, Arvind Chauhan, were arrested April 23 from Jammu and Kashmir.
The trio face a host of police complaints and first information reports accusing them of cheating, conspiracy and non-payment of salary of the staff of the group companies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Is your Indian passport among those to be declared invalid from November 25, 2015?