Saradha scam: Debjani Mukherjee sent to judicial custody
Kolkata: Saradha Group director Debjani Mukherjee, a co-accused in the multi-crore fund scam, was remanded in judicial custody till May 31 in various cases by a West Bengal court Monday.
"Mukherjee was presented before the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (Bidhannagar) A.H.M. Rahman who remanded her in judicial custody till May 22, 23, and 31 in six different cases of cheating, non-payment of salary, and so on," said Mukherjee`s counsel.
Mukherjee was scheduled to be presented before the court Saturday after the expiry of police custody but had to be hospitalised after she complained of sickness.
She was discharged from a city nursing home Monday, following which she was taken to court.
Along with Saradha promoter Sudipta Sen, Mukherjee and a company official, Arvind Chauhan, were arrested April 23 from Jammu and Kashmir.
The trio face a host of police complaints and first information reports accusing them of cheating, conspiracy and non-payment of salary of the staff of the group companies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday