Saradha scam: Debjani Mukherjee sent to judicial custody
Kolkata: Saradha Group director Debjani Mukherjee, a co-accused in the multi-crore fund scam, was remanded in judicial custody till May 31 in various cases by a West Bengal court Monday.
"Mukherjee was presented before the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (Bidhannagar) A.H.M. Rahman who remanded her in judicial custody till May 22, 23, and 31 in six different cases of cheating, non-payment of salary, and so on," said Mukherjee`s counsel.
Mukherjee was scheduled to be presented before the court Saturday after the expiry of police custody but had to be hospitalised after she complained of sickness.
She was discharged from a city nursing home Monday, following which she was taken to court.
Along with Saradha promoter Sudipta Sen, Mukherjee and a company official, Arvind Chauhan, were arrested April 23 from Jammu and Kashmir.
The trio face a host of police complaints and first information reports accusing them of cheating, conspiracy and non-payment of salary of the staff of the group companies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list