SC seeks report of expert panel which examined conjoined twins
New Delhi: The Centre was asked on Monday by the Supreme Court to place before it within two days the report of an expert committee which examined the conjoined twins of Bihar for providing medical aid.
A bench of Justices KS Radhakrishnan and Dipak Misra was not happy with the Centre which failed to place the report of the specially-constituted AIIMS team and posted the matter for hearing on November 2.
The bench told Additional Solicitor General Siddharth Luthra that there was a specific order that the team would visit Patna to examine the present condition of the conjoined twins and the Centre would submit the report to it for rendering medical aid.
When the ASG told the court that the twins` parents are reluctant to operation, the bench said the question of further treatment and their consent would arise after the report is placed before it.
The apex court had directed for examining the conjoined twins after taking note of a letter written by the girls` mother expressing fear that if the twins were air lifted to Delhi for treatment it could pose a threat to their lives.
She had submitted in the letter that the girls` condition had deteriorated about four years ago after they had been brought to a private hospital in the national capital.
The girls were subsequently taken back to Patna.
The letter written in Hindi had also urged the apex court to direct the government to sanction a monthly maintenance for 16-year-old conjoined twins Saba and Farah Saleem.
In pursuance to the apex court`s direction, the Centre had earlier constituted a 3-member expert medical team comprising two paediatricians from AIIMS, Minoo Bajpai and AK Bisoi, besides Dr Mukul Verma of Apollo Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi