Service records of CAG not traceable: Govt
New Delhi: The crucial service records of Comptroller and Auditor General Vinod Rai are not traceable with the Personnel ministry, an RTI reply has revealed.
A Lucknow-based journalist had sought from the Department of Personnel and Training the service records of Rai which included certificate of selection in the Indian Administrative Service, appointment letter among other details.
Responding to the queries, the Department of Personnel and Training said the files sought were not traceable.
The Ministry, while replying to his query, seeking high school and date of birth certificate, said, "The UPSC application dossier of Vinod Rai, IAS (KL:1972) is not traceable. Hence the information sought for by you is not materially available with the undersigned."
A similar reply was given to the journalist`s queries regarding service records of 64-year-old Rai, who has hogged media headlines after CAG reports on 2G Telecom spectrum allocation, coal block allocation, Delhi Airport and Commonwealth Games indicated serious irregularities.
The journalist was advised by Department of Personnel to contact the Kerala Government with regards to queries on retirement from the service as the matter was "closely related" with the state.
"Your query is more closely concerned with the Government of Kerala. If deemed fit you may contact the state government of Kerala in this regard. The undersigned does not have any record in this regard," CIPO and under secretary Narendra Gautam said in the reply.
Regarding Rai`s appointment as the Comptroller and Auditor General, the application was transferred to CAG office for reply.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened