Set up SIT to probe anti-Sikh riots: Victim writes to PM
New Delhi: An anti-Sikh riots victim, who is on an indefinite fast against the acquittal of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar on Saturday shot off a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh urging him to set up a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the 1984 pogrom.
Nirpreet Kaur, who lost her father in the riots after the assassination of Indira Gandhi, began her fast yesterday protesting Kumar`s acquittal in a riot case and demanding setting up of an SIT to probe the incident.
"It was not a Hindu-Sikh riot but a political carnage. In order to save political people, evidences were buried, witnesses were not heard. We demand that an SIT be set up in this matter so that truth can come forward and the culprits can be brought to justice," she said in the letter.
Kaur has also demanded that CBI should file an appeal in the High Court against Sajjan Kumar in the case in which he has been acquitted by a trial court recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?