Sharad Yadav attacks government on shifting Jaipal
New Delhi: JD-U on Tuesday attacked criticised the shifting of S Jaipal Reddy from Petroleum to Science and Technology Ministry in the Cabinet reshuffle alleging that he was "punished" to "appease" industrial giant Reliance.
"I am totally perturbed that during our life time we would see such period when a corporate house like Reliance becomes even more powerful than Government.
"An honest minister like Jaipal Reddy has been punished for protecting national interest," party President Sharad Yadav told reporters.
Praising Reddy, a former colleague in the erstwhile Janata Dal, he said he was "one of the few honest" ministers in the UPA government.
He also took a dig at the new Petroleum Minister M Veerappa Moily for his statement that decisions will be taken quickly.
"The new minister should also realise that in the name of taking decisions quickly, a loot cannot be allowed," Yadav said.
He said that though the reshuffle of Cabinet is the prerogative of the Prime Minister, that prerogative cannot be allowed to overrule national interests.
Without naming Srikant Jena, another former colleague in the Janata Dal, Yadav said a minister belonging to Orissa, who was "very competent", was also not elevated.
He alleged that the reshuffle saw "dynasties getting promotions" in Congress. "Sons of some farmer leaders did get promotion. But one should remember plants that grow in pots do not satisfy the hunger of the nation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof