Shashi Tharoor complains of chest pain, hospitalised, discharged
New Delhi: Shashi Tharoor, minister of state for human resource development, was discharged from a hospital where he was admitted after he complained of chest pain early Saturday, hours after his wife Sunanda Pushkar was found dead in a hotel here.
Tharoor was admitted to the ICU at around 3.30 am on Saturday and later shifted to a ward at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
An exhausted looking Tharoor left the hospital in an ambulance at around 2.30 pm.
AIIMS spokesperson Amit Gupta said the minister`s condition was stable, his ECG was normal and hypertension was the cause of the discomfort.
Tharoor was admitted to AIIMS after his wife Sunanda Pushkar was found dead under mysterious circumstances in her room at The Leela Palace hotel in south Delhi Friday.
Doctors said that Pushkar`s autopsy was over and the report would be handed over to the sub-divisional magistrate soon.
There was speculation over Tharoor and Pushkar`s relationship after the two declared they were "happily married" following public airing of tweets that hinted at an extra-marital relationship and alleged involvement of a Pakistani woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra