Shashi Tharoor complains of chest pain, hospitalised, discharged
New Delhi: Shashi Tharoor, minister of state for human resource development, was discharged from a hospital where he was admitted after he complained of chest pain early Saturday, hours after his wife Sunanda Pushkar was found dead in a hotel here.
Tharoor was admitted to the ICU at around 3.30 am on Saturday and later shifted to a ward at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
An exhausted looking Tharoor left the hospital in an ambulance at around 2.30 pm.
AIIMS spokesperson Amit Gupta said the minister`s condition was stable, his ECG was normal and hypertension was the cause of the discomfort.
Tharoor was admitted to AIIMS after his wife Sunanda Pushkar was found dead under mysterious circumstances in her room at The Leela Palace hotel in south Delhi Friday.
Doctors said that Pushkar`s autopsy was over and the report would be handed over to the sub-divisional magistrate soon.
There was speculation over Tharoor and Pushkar`s relationship after the two declared they were "happily married" following public airing of tweets that hinted at an extra-marital relationship and alleged involvement of a Pakistani woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony