Shinde to represent India in Interpol General Assembly in Rome
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde will represent India at the Interpol General Assembly to be held in Italy next week.
Shinde is also expected to meet his Pakistani counterpart Rehman Malik on the sidelines of the international conference and press for speedy trial and conviction of terrorists involved in Mumbai terror attack.
Justice, Security and Home Affairs Ministers from some 100 countries will participate the 81st Interpol General Assembly to be held between November 5 and 8 in Rome.
The delegates will discuss critical challenges for police in responding to current and developing criminal phenomena and will share best practices based on national and international experience.
CBI Director AP Singh and other senior officials will accompany the Home Minister.
In his meeting with Malik, Shinde is likely to press for early visit of a team of National Investigation Agency to Pakistan to examine the evidence collected against arrested LeT commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi and six others, who are being tried in 26/11 terror attack case there.
Islamabad is yet to give dates for the visit of National Investigation team, which will also try to understand why the Pakistani court was not ready to accept the evidence collected by a Pakistani judicial commission during its visit to India in March.
The Interpol General Assembly consists of delegates appointed by the governments of member countries. As Interpol`s supreme governing body, it meets once a year and takes all major decisions affecting general policy, resources needed for international cooperation, working methods, finances and programmes of activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Check uaresults.nic.in for Uttarakhand Board Class 12 result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes