Shinde’s ‘Hindu terror’ remark: Court asks police to file ATR
New Delhi: A court here on Friday asked the Delhi Police as to what action has it taken on a complaint seeking registration of FIR against Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde for his remarks on "Hindu terror".
Metropolitan Magistrate Viplav Dabas directed the police to file an Action Taken Report by February 06.
The court passed the order on a complaint filed by RTI activist Vivek Garg seeking registration of FIR against Shinde for "making imputations prejudicial to national integration, uttering words with deliberate intent to wound religious feelings of Hindus, defaming them, and insulting their religion and beliefs”.
The complainant also sought registration of FIR against him for "promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion and wantonly giving provocation with intent to cause religious riots”.
Garg`s counsel Ajay Goel told the court that "Shinde wilfully, maliciously and without any lawful right, with a malafide intention deliberately made derogatory statement against Hindus which were widely published in the newspapers and read by countless people across the world even on net."
Referring to LeT founder Hafiz Saeed`s comments on Shinde`s statements, the complainant told the court that his remarks have "given a boost to international terrorists".
Accusing him of playing vote bank politics, Garg said Shinde, being the Home Minister, is under a duty to maintain peace, law and order in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened