Shipping Ministry may get one more Additional Secretary
New Delhi: The Shipping Ministry`s proposal to induct another Additional Secretary may be accepted at the Cabinet meeting scheduled for Thursday.
The ministry, which is the custodian of the country`s vast and evolving maritime transport sector, now has just one Additional Secretary, Ms T Kumar, also working as Financial Advisor to the Ministry.
Kumar also handles the same charge for the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
The Shipping Ministry has sought another Additional Secretary as it requires more hands at the top level to keep pace with the fast expanding sector, official sources said.
The new Additional Secretary will have the responsibility to oversee all areas relating to shipping, ports, waterways and among others, they added.
The Shipping Ministry now has four Joint Secretaries and a Secretary. Additional secretary`s rank is a notch above the Joint Secretary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what