Shipping Ministry may get one more Additional Secretary
New Delhi: The Shipping Ministry`s proposal to induct another Additional Secretary may be accepted at the Cabinet meeting scheduled for Thursday.
The ministry, which is the custodian of the country`s vast and evolving maritime transport sector, now has just one Additional Secretary, Ms T Kumar, also working as Financial Advisor to the Ministry.
Kumar also handles the same charge for the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
The Shipping Ministry has sought another Additional Secretary as it requires more hands at the top level to keep pace with the fast expanding sector, official sources said.
The new Additional Secretary will have the responsibility to oversee all areas relating to shipping, ports, waterways and among others, they added.
The Shipping Ministry now has four Joint Secretaries and a Secretary. Additional secretary`s rank is a notch above the Joint Secretary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’