Shiv Sena to back NDA nominee for Vice President
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Sunday announced that it will support the NDA nominee for the post of Vice President of India.
"Shiv Sena will support the NDA candidate for vice presidential election," Sena spokesman Sanjay Raut told a news agency.
Sena has supported UPA`s Pranab Mukherjee for the office of the President.
Even in 2007, the party had broken ranks with the NDA to support UPA candidate Pratibha Patil for the president`s post.
Mukherjee called on Sena supremo Bal Thackeray on Friday to express his gratitude for extending support to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims