Shiv Sena to back NDA nominee for Vice President
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Sunday announced that it will support the NDA nominee for the post of Vice President of India.
"Shiv Sena will support the NDA candidate for vice presidential election," Sena spokesman Sanjay Raut told a news agency.
Sena has supported UPA`s Pranab Mukherjee for the office of the President.
Even in 2007, the party had broken ranks with the NDA to support UPA candidate Pratibha Patil for the president`s post.
Mukherjee called on Sena supremo Bal Thackeray on Friday to express his gratitude for extending support to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today