Shiv Sena to back NDA nominee for Vice President
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Sunday announced that it will support the NDA nominee for the post of Vice President of India.
"Shiv Sena will support the NDA candidate for vice presidential election," Sena spokesman Sanjay Raut told a news agency.
Sena has supported UPA`s Pranab Mukherjee for the office of the President.
Even in 2007, the party had broken ranks with the NDA to support UPA candidate Pratibha Patil for the president`s post.
Mukherjee called on Sena supremo Bal Thackeray on Friday to express his gratitude for extending support to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media