Shocked by rape of five-year-old: Sushma Swaraj
New Delhi: Saying that she was "shocked" about the rape of a five-year-old in Delhi, Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj Friday demanded the girl should be immediately shifted to AIIMS.
"I am terribly shocked to know about the details of the rape of five year old child in Delhi. She should be shifted to AIIMS immediately," Sushma Swaraj said on her Twitter account.
"I had thought that after Damini case thinking will change. Unfortunately, the situation has worsened," she said.
The BJP leader also slammed Delhi Police`s Assistant Commissioner BS Ahlawat for slapping a girl protesting at the Swami Dayanand Hospital where the rape victim was being treated.
"I see an ACP slapping a young girl protesting against this. These Policemen are incapable of protecting women. Instead they beat them up. This ACP should be ashamed of his uniform," she said.
The five-year-old girl was abducted April 15 and kept hostage in a flat owned by the attacker, said to be in his 30s. He lived on the ground floor of the building in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar, in which the victim`s family also stayed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda