Shocked by rape of five-year-old: Sushma Swaraj
New Delhi: Saying that she was "shocked" about the rape of a five-year-old in Delhi, Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj Friday demanded the girl should be immediately shifted to AIIMS.
"I am terribly shocked to know about the details of the rape of five year old child in Delhi. She should be shifted to AIIMS immediately," Sushma Swaraj said on her Twitter account.
"I had thought that after Damini case thinking will change. Unfortunately, the situation has worsened," she said.
The BJP leader also slammed Delhi Police`s Assistant Commissioner BS Ahlawat for slapping a girl protesting at the Swami Dayanand Hospital where the rape victim was being treated.
"I see an ACP slapping a young girl protesting against this. These Policemen are incapable of protecting women. Instead they beat them up. This ACP should be ashamed of his uniform," she said.
The five-year-old girl was abducted April 15 and kept hostage in a flat owned by the attacker, said to be in his 30s. He lived on the ground floor of the building in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar, in which the victim`s family also stayed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender