Shocked by rape of Swiss tourist in India: Switzerland
Bern: Switzerland has said it is "profoundly shocked" by the gang-rape of a Swiss tourist in India and demanded that those responsible for the "tragic incident" be quickly identified and punished.
Reacting to the incident in which the Swiss female tourist on a cycling trip with her husband was gang-raped by seven to eight people at a forest area in Datia district of Madhya Pradesh on Friday, the Swiss Foreign Ministry said it is "profoundly shocked".
Terming it as a "tragic incident", a Foreign Ministry statement here said, Swiss diplomats in India are in contact with the local authorities and have "demanded that those responsible be quickly identified and brought before the courts".
The Swiss embassy in New Dehli and the consulate in Mumbai are also providing support to the couple, whose names have not been released, Swiss Broadcasting Corporation`s website reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?