Should Team Anna join politics? VOTE NOW
New Delhi: Team Anna was on Thursday urged by 23 famous personalities, in a letter written to the anti- corruption activists, to end their indefinite fast.
Saying there was no point in having faith in this political establishment, the letter urged Team Anna to explore the possibility of providing a political alternative.
Reacting to the letter, Team Anna has sought a response from the nation in two days, on whether they should enter politics, through Internet, in person and other means.
The official Twitter handle of India Against Corruption (IAC) as well as its official website have put a poser to the public asking "Should Annaji provide a political alternative to the country? Reply YES or NO to this tweet?"
Team Anna also tweeted a link which goes to an Internet page which put up two questions -- Do you have any hope from the existing political parties and Should Annaji provide a political alternative to the country?
The letter, among others, was written by former Army Chief Gen (retired) VK Singh, former CEC JM Lingdyoh, former Karnataka Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde, senior journalist Kuldip Nayyar and actor Anupam Kher.
In the letter , the personalities made it clear that the government was not listening to the activists.
Even the opposition appears to be unconcerned, it added.
“If the government is choosing to stay mum, the people of this nation cannot sit silent,” the letter went on to say.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town