Should Team Anna join politics? VOTE NOW
New Delhi: Team Anna was on Thursday urged by 23 famous personalities, in a letter written to the anti- corruption activists, to end their indefinite fast.
Saying there was no point in having faith in this political establishment, the letter urged Team Anna to explore the possibility of providing a political alternative.
Reacting to the letter, Team Anna has sought a response from the nation in two days, on whether they should enter politics, through Internet, in person and other means.
The official Twitter handle of India Against Corruption (IAC) as well as its official website have put a poser to the public asking "Should Annaji provide a political alternative to the country? Reply YES or NO to this tweet?"
Team Anna also tweeted a link which goes to an Internet page which put up two questions -- Do you have any hope from the existing political parties and Should Annaji provide a political alternative to the country?
The letter, among others, was written by former Army Chief Gen (retired) VK Singh, former CEC JM Lingdyoh, former Karnataka Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde, senior journalist Kuldip Nayyar and actor Anupam Kher.
In the letter , the personalities made it clear that the government was not listening to the activists.
Even the opposition appears to be unconcerned, it added.
“If the government is choosing to stay mum, the people of this nation cannot sit silent,” the letter went on to say.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users