Sikh man stabbed at California airport
Washington: A Sikh man traveling to India has
been stabbed at an airport in California.
The police, who subsequently arrested the assailant, have
ruled out hate crime.
The middle-aged man, whose name has not been released by
the police, was treated for a quarter-inch stab wound in the
upper torso at Fresno Yosemite International Airport, and
chose to continue the first leg of his flight to India, a
local newspaper reported on Monday.
The assailant, a 26-year-old white man has been taken
into custody, said Fresno City Police Department`s Lt Don
The victim was standing near the Transportation Security
Administration (TSA) terminal with his translator at the time
of attack on Sunday.
There was no communication between the victim and the
assailant, who remains in the Fresno County Jail, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!