Sikh man stabbed at California airport
Washington: A Sikh man traveling to India has
been stabbed at an airport in California.
The police, who subsequently arrested the assailant, have
ruled out hate crime.
The middle-aged man, whose name has not been released by
the police, was treated for a quarter-inch stab wound in the
upper torso at Fresno Yosemite International Airport, and
chose to continue the first leg of his flight to India, a
local newspaper reported on Monday.
The assailant, a 26-year-old white man has been taken
into custody, said Fresno City Police Department`s Lt Don
The victim was standing near the Transportation Security
Administration (TSA) terminal with his translator at the time
of attack on Sunday.
There was no communication between the victim and the
assailant, who remains in the Fresno County Jail, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh