Sikh man stabbed at California airport
Washington: A Sikh man traveling to India has
been stabbed at an airport in California.
The police, who subsequently arrested the assailant, have
ruled out hate crime.
The middle-aged man, whose name has not been released by
the police, was treated for a quarter-inch stab wound in the
upper torso at Fresno Yosemite International Airport, and
chose to continue the first leg of his flight to India, a
local newspaper reported on Monday.
The assailant, a 26-year-old white man has been taken
into custody, said Fresno City Police Department`s Lt Don
The victim was standing near the Transportation Security
Administration (TSA) terminal with his translator at the time
of attack on Sunday.
There was no communication between the victim and the
assailant, who remains in the Fresno County Jail, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony