Sikh man stabbed at California airport
Washington: A Sikh man traveling to India has
been stabbed at an airport in California.
The police, who subsequently arrested the assailant, have
ruled out hate crime.
The middle-aged man, whose name has not been released by
the police, was treated for a quarter-inch stab wound in the
upper torso at Fresno Yosemite International Airport, and
chose to continue the first leg of his flight to India, a
local newspaper reported on Monday.
The assailant, a 26-year-old white man has been taken
into custody, said Fresno City Police Department`s Lt Don
The victim was standing near the Transportation Security
Administration (TSA) terminal with his translator at the time
of attack on Sunday.
There was no communication between the victim and the
assailant, who remains in the Fresno County Jail, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India